The Claret Child Study Center is the youngest component of Claret School of Quezon City, Grade School Unit. It caters to both boys and girls with ages three to five years old. The Child Study Center is composed of the Junior Nursery, Senior Nursery and Kindergarten levels.
These three (3) levels are recognized as the first three (3) years of a child’s life away from home, Therefore, the curriculum provides experiences that are enjoyable as the home environment. Most of the activities are experiential and with maximum provisions for the development of creative and critical thinking, as well as self expression. The beginning skills for reading and writing, and numbers concepts are best taught using the combined traditional and thematic approaches wherein the different areas of learning are integrated.
THE ABC OF CLARET CSC
Academic excellence is the foremost objective of Claret CSC. Opened in June 2001 as the youngest addition to Claret School of Quezon City, the center started with a simple dream: to create a fun-filled learning environment favorable to the formative years of our children. Using the integrated approach in teaching, each subject area interrelates with one another using thematic units. We take pride in our slogan, “Learning is fun at CSC!” Guided free plays during Circle Time and Fun Fridays are essential components that provide a forum for the development of social and life skills, good habits and passion for learning.
Building God’s Kingdom is the ultimate vision of Claret CSC. As the children learn the alphabet, venture into science and numbers, dance their first steps, sing nursery rhymes, listen to storytelling, and do a lot more, they also learn family and community values. They develop psychomotor skills, social skills, and cognitive abilities that shape them into well-rounded young Claretians.
Christ's charity is the heart of CSC. Following the ideals of St. Anthony Mary Claret, the children imbibe the spirit of love, joy, peace, justice and compassion in the expression of our Claretian virtues: Compassion, Humility, Empowerment, Excellence, Respect for life and Service (C.H.E.E.R.S.)
Admission Age Cut-off Requirement SY: 2018 - 2019
Junior Nursery – Sept. 1, 2014 to Aug. 31, 2015
Senior Nursery – Sept. 1, 2013 to Aug. 31, 2014
Kinder – Sept. 1, 2012 to Aug. 31, 2013
Grade1 – Sept. 1, 2011 to Aug. 31, 2012
Session Junior Nursery Senior Nursery Kinder
Morning 7:45–10:15AM 7:45–10:30AM 7:30-11:30AM
Afternoon 12:45–3:15PM 12:45–3:30PM 12:30–4:30PM
- Students should come to school wearing the prescribed complete uniform as follows:
Boys: Red pants, white shirt with red collar and embroidered school logo, Rubber-soled shoes, preferably with Velcro snaps and school ID
Girls: Red pants, white V-neck shirt with embroidered school logo, Rubber-soled shoes, preferably with Velcro snaps and school ID
- During PE days, students come to school wearing their PE uniform (Claret T-shirt, red pants, rubber shoes). Extra plain white T-shirt or any Claret T-shirt must be brought to school during PE days.
- Haircut inspection for boys and girls is done every first Monday of the month. Girls with long hair are advised to pin their hair. Fancy haircut (e.g. Mohawk, undercut, etc.) and long hair for boys are not allowed. Demerits are given to students who fail to comply after three (3) warnings are given.
- Students should bring an extra set of clothes (pants, underwear, and plain shirt) every day for emergency use.
- Wearing of jewelry or fancy accessories is not allowed in school.
- IDs should be worn in school daily.